Friday, June 10, 2011

An Adventure

       So I arrive around 4:30 pm to meet up with Dal, who I was pleased to see was as eager as I was to get out doors. After instructing me to get my truck, he quickly ran up stairs to get Lily. All loaded up we headed to Bear Creek Trail in Lakewood. We walked for a good 10 minutes, the scenery was full of the greenest trees full with leaves and the texture of the bark was standing out even more so today due to the shadows that the sun light helped create. A creek 8 to 9 feet across flowed calmly with such ease. I pulled out the old sketch book and found an image i wanted to recreate. Well Lily sniffed around exploring the terrain, Dal sat on a rock and jammed his harmonica. I will tell you that I never really heard it played before, well not like him, very relaxing tones came singing into my ears. We packed up and continued on walk after about 20 minutes.
        In the truck again, heading back, I took Dal to get his prescriptions. We were in King Soopers for no more than 10 minutes, paid, and continued home. I was a good 3 blocks from Dal's apartment when he realized he had misplaced his wallet. What a great day and to be ruined like this was not going to be in our future. We turned around and retraced our steps, looked and asked everyone if they had found a wallet. The search was endless, I was determined to help my friend as I know he would me. With not a worry in the world Dal chuckled to him self and said lets go no worries. I would have been flipping out, the end of the world so to speak if I were in his shoes, this he knows.  So he says this to me, "This brings us back to what we talked about earlier today, there are things we can control and fix with our hands, and the things we can't, forget them, and move forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment